Publishing date: October 2023
SIG Corner Editor: Hana Abouzeid
Chair: Ananth Viswanathan
Co-Chair: Marta Pazos
To understand the genetic causes of glaucoma and the modifiers of those causes.
• Emphasize detailed phenotyping of quantitative traits
o Update existing protocols and SOPs
o Develop new protocols and SOPs for new modalities
o Publicize and disseminate via website
• Provide training in critical evaluation of genetic epidemiology evidence
• Provide a hub for participation in collaborative research
• EGS Survey on RWD availability across Europe : First round 2023 complete, new round for selected centers with EMR including genomics.
• Submission of a Horizon Europe Grant: HORIZON-HLTH-2023-TOOL-05-04 EuCanSee: EUROPEAN INFRASTRUCTURE FOR FEDERATED ANALYSIS OF RESEARCH AND REAL-WORLD DATA FROM EYE CARE. Including genomics and imaging as key aspects.
The search for EGS goal of “Paving the Way to Better Glaucoma Care” continues together with Outcome and other EGS Committees as well as SIGs, i.e. how to promote the best possible well-being and minimal glaucoma-induced visual disability in individuals with glaucoma within affordable healthcare systems.
The views expressed are those of the author(s) and are not necessarily those of the EGS.