Congress Travel Grant
To provide travel support for attending EGS congresses.
Single and flat contribution of 500.00 Euros (including free Congress registration).
Ophthalmologists or residents who:
- Work and reside within the geographical boundaries of Europe
- Are first/presenting authors of a free presentation/poster
- The quality of their submitted abstract as evaluated during the abstract review process is at the higher quality of the abstracts submitted to the meeting
- Are not recipient of any other financial support to attend the meeting provided by other parties including pharmaceutical industry or their own institution
- The applicant submits a request by filling in the mandatory online form and attaches all relevant documents including the abstract submitted and an undersigned certification by the applicant, declaring that she/he is not recipient of any other financial support.
- The EGS secretary mails the applications to the Training Support committee and the PPC.
- The PPC confirms whether the criterion on the quality of abstract submitted fulfills the eligibility threshold.
The training support Committee makes a recommendation of acceptance or rejection of the submitted requests to the EGS Executive Committee.
- The final decision is made by the Executive Committee. The EGS Secretary mails the feedback to the applicant.