||To become an EGS Member
Categories of Members
- Ordinary member
- Ophthalmologists with a specific interest in glaucoma practicing within the geographical boundaries of Europe
- Extraordinary Member
- Ophthalmologist practicing outside of Europe and with a specific interest in glaucoma and having a close relationship with the Society’s activities
- Scientist in the field of vision research
- Former Ordinary Member who has retired from practice
- Legal entity active in relation to Glaucoma
- Honorary Member
- The title of Honorary Member may be bestowed upon any person for meritorious services within the scope of the Society
- The application process can take place at any time, with proposals being considered at the next Executive Committee Meeting.
- The applicant requests
- A letter of recommendation from The National Glaucoma Society, or in countries without Glaucoma Society, an Ophthalmological Society
- The support of an Ordinary Member of the Society
- The applicant fills in the mandatory online form and encloses the required attachments:
- Curriculum vitae structured as follows:
- Residency training (date, hospital, city, country)
- Glaucoma fellowship (supervisor, date, hospital, city, country)
- Other type of glaucoma subspeciality training (supervisor, date, city, country)
- Years in glaucoma practise (date, hospital, city, country)
- Current position (starting date, hospital, city, country) including clinical glaucoma activities (number of glaucoma out-patients, visits and procedures per year)
- Teaching experience
- Research activities and interests
- Photo and a copy of the passport (only for internal use within the EGS during the application process)
- The above mentioned letter of recommendation from the national society.
- The EGS Secretary checks the application and requests for complements when necessary.
- The EGS Secretary mails the completed application to the Membership and National Society Committee for evaluating of the contents.
- The Committee makes a recommendation of acceptance or rejection to the Executive Committee.
- The EGS Secretary adds the recommendation of the Membership and National Society Committee to the next Agenda of the Executive Committee meeting.
- The Executive Committee decides whether to grant the membership of the society to the applicant.
- After Executive Committee’s decision, the EGS Secretary informs the candidate about the decision.
- The applicant is kindly requested to note that the decision may take up to 4 months depending on the Executive Committee meetings.
Please use this form to request membership to the European Glaucoma Society (fields marked with * are mandatory):